Looking for a way to become more involved in your community? The upcoming Snowflake Festival on Saturday, February 1, offers you a great opportunity to support your community while getting to know your neighbours — and having fun! There are lots of different ways you can get involved:
- Volunteer! We’re still looking for volunteers to help run the event. Shifts are only two hours long and duties include things like helping run the bannock or games stations, tending the firepits, and working the concession stand. Oh, and Snowflake Festival volunteers will enjoy FREE PIZZA! Contact Alicia to find out which spots are still available. If you’d like to volunteer but would be more comfortable if you had a better handle on what you’d be doing, check out the upcoming FREE training session offered by the City of Edmonton.
- Advertise your business! There will be a table set up at the event where you can display business cards, brochures, catalogues, etc. for your local business. Contact Alicia to make arrangements to drop off materials.
- Showcase your “active club”! We’re celebrating staying active all year round at this event, so we’re looking for local “active clubs” (eg. karate, yoga, dance) to demonstrate their activity. Each club will also get a table where it can display more information. Contact Alicia if you’re interested in showcasing your club.
- Donate a door prize! Prizes will be given out during a raffle at the event. Contact Alicia if you have a product or service you’d like to donate.
- Bring a non-perishable food item! We’ll be collecting donations for the Food Bank at the event to help replenish their stock after the busy holiday season.
- Spread the word! Invite your friends, family, co-workers — while the Snowflake Festival is being hosted by the Ellerslie and Summerside Community Leagues, anyone can attend this FREE event. The more the merrier!
Please contact Alicia Staub at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form to volunteer, get more information, or let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to do to help out with this event. We’d love to hear from you!